Thursday, January 5, 2012

A New Year

If you know me, then at some point in our friendship you have probably either thought or uttered aloud "Holy Cow, this girl watches waaaaay too many movies". I have a habit of quoting and referencing movies, television shows, and books much to the annoyance of my friends and family. Sometimes I get lucky and reference something fairly well known, so I get a smile or a nod or at least someone else understanding what I am talking about. Most of the time, though, I reference something that apparently only I and a handful of other people know about and then I get stared at like I have several heads or my face just turned purple [but not in a good way].

One of the things that people find odd about me is that there are a lot of movies that are considered "classics" or "awesome" or "the best chick flick ever" [gag] that I have never watched. One of those is the Back to the Future movies [my friends Jackie and Michael will probably go to their graves insisting that we need to have an all day marathon if I don't add those movies to my list].

When I was going through a list of things that I wanted to do in 2012, some of the most common thoughts were occuring to me. I want to work out more regularly, I want to eat better, I want to excel at my job and be kinder to people. One of the other parts of my personality that I have been working on lately is that I want to try new things. I tend to find a few things that I like [quesadillas, my core group of friends, movies and books I have experienced a million times] and just stick with my comfort zone. In the past year or so I tried to branch out in trying new foods and discovered that I love blueberries, Laura's Spinach and Artichoke Dip, and my friend Matty Satty's delicious Lasagna.

I decided that one of my many resolutions [and probably the only one that will last] is that I want to watch one new [to me] movie each week for 2012, giving me at least 52 new movies to see this year.

I have already started, even though it technically did not count. My friend Stormi lent me the original The Day The Earth Stood Still and I watched it on New Year's Eve to kick off my new year with a new movie.

I'm hoping to blog a little bit about each movie [though I am fairly long-winded, so a "little bit" may end up as a "lot bit"] after I see it. I've asked for suggestions for movies to watch and I am adding them to my list [yes, even the sappy, dopey, romantic comedy ones. I'm drawing the line at Lifetime and Hallmark movies, though. There's only so much I can take].

Will you come along with me on this journey? Will you help support me when I just cannot bring myself to watch another movie?

Also, will you please bring the popcorn? No kettle corn, though. That stuff is gross.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! And if you bring your butt to Florida this year I'll supply the comfy cushions, popcorn and maybe even the movie! Love you and miss you! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete